Sunday, September 12, 2010

Self Esteem

It is in giving to others that we build up our self-esteem, because we can only give to others if we are convinced that we have something valuable to give.  Fr Peter McVerry


You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.  Dr Wayne Dyer






The truth is that as wonderful as our believers are, they cannot give us self-esteem. It is called self-esteem, not other-esteem, spouse-esteem, parental-esteem, or friend-esteem. Nobody can hand it to you or tell you where to find it. You have to build it, earn it, create it, and nurture it from somewhere inside of yourself.   SelfEsteem4Me







You  tend to treat yourself like your parents treated you. If they were kind, encouraging and supportive, even when you made mistakes, you will treat yourself the same way and feel good about yourself. On the other hand, if your parents were harsh, critical and demeaning, you will tend to do the same thing to yourself and feel badly about yourself.Stan Mann

Emerging From Broken -  I thought my high self esteem would come from others.. I guess that is because my low self esteem came from what others taught me about myself. Today I seek to define myself and never accpet the definitions others try to place upon me as truth. ~ Darlene Ouimet





No comments:

Post a Comment